Monday 30 March 2015





Shaving


cullled from:pulse.ng


On the journey of flawless beauty, we get to make new discoveries or little tweaks in the age old rules that work just for us. Well, this lady made one of such discoveries and is happier for it.
Her name will not be disclosed but she still tells us why she shaves her face and what it does for her.
She says, "I grew up with blond lip hair. (I guess you could call it a mustache, but I try to avoid it at all costs.) I was horrified about it. As a teen, I didn't deal with terrible acne but instead was bestowed with a patch of blond hair on my upper lip and it was very noticeable. I was ready to do whatever it took to get rid of my furry friend staring me in the face every morning."
I tried every removal process in the book. I ended up burning my skin, which put my upper lip even more in the spotlight. I tried threading and waxing, only to have my skin break out in pustules.
At 18, I opted for laser hair removal. It worked okay, but then I went off to college and didn't finish my sessions, so the hair grew back.
Then one day in 2011, at the ripe age of 23, while perusing YouTube, i saw a video from Bachelor in Paradise's Michelle Money.
She's a cosmetologist and posted a video about shaving her face. If you havent seen this woman, then i must say. She's stunning.
I couldn't  imagine her dealing with any type of beauty crisis, but she and her friends explained why shaving their faces was not only fun, but also necessary, and then they showed a tutorial. Seeing their fuzz scrape right off their faces led me into an online rabbit hole.
This lady goes on to say,"if you have facial hair and it doesn't bother you, get on with your bad self. Removing facial hair isn't mandatory." "For me, it was something i wanted but didn't think possible."
We also found out that Kate Somerville was a proponent of facial shaving. Yes, the queen of clear, youthful skin shaves her face. She told Style.com that Elizabeth Taylor's cosmetic dermatologist disclosed that Elizabeth shaved her face, as did Marilyn Monroe and Cleopatra.
They say it makes your makeup go on smoother, gives you a glow, and because it's a razor, you're physically exfoliating your skin — great for antiaging! Why do you think men look so youthful as they age? They shave a majority of their lives!
Michelle suggested buying a razor called The Tinkle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment