Wednesday, 24 December 2014










culled from:articlecity

He’s no longer eligible for Forbes’ 30 under 30 list, but Silicon Valley’s favorite billionaire Mark Zuckerberg is still a force to be reckoned with.

Zuckerberg, who is turning 30 today, has built up a multi-billion dollar tech empire that is transforming the way social information moves through online spaces.

Like other programmers who made it big in the tech world, Zuckerberg was thrown into an executive position without any leadership training. “I started the site when I was 19,” Zuckerberg admits. “I didn’t know much about business back then.” Over time, he has developed a management strategy at
Facebook
that any company would envy.

Here are 10 quotes on leadership that prove Zuckerberg knows what he’s doing.
On Taking Risks

“Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.”

“You are better off trying something and having it not work and learning from that than not doing anything at all.”

“The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
On Innovation

“People think innovation is just having a good idea but a lot of it is just moving quickly and trying a lot of things.”

“People don’t care about what you say, they care about what you build.”
On Productivity

“I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.”

“The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’…Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that I can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time.”
On Hiring

“We look for people who are passionate about something. In a way, it almost doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about. What we really look for when we’re interviewing people is what they’ve shown an initiative to do on their own.”

“One of things that I do focus on at Facebook is making sure the culture is very friendly and that people hang out. So instead of having 20% of people’s time working on projects I make people hang out with each other.”

“I think as a company, if you can get those two things right –having a clear direction on what you are trying to do and bringing in great people who can execute on the stuff—then you can do pretty well.”

9 comments:

  1. Mark Zuckerberg is a leader, role model and an inspiration to the youths . because if your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more and become more,you are a leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIJANI LATIFAT IBIDUNNI
    Its better to make a move and fail than not to not to start at all. As it helps us find new ways of not getting solutions to problems. i.e inventions

    ReplyDelete
  3. DURODOLA TAIWO OLUBISI
    From this article I have been able to understand that failure is not the end of life. We should be able to learn from our mistakes. Thats the perfect way to live

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOLARINWA ABIODUN IDRIS
    AT THE END OF FAILURE SUCCESS COMES

    ReplyDelete
  5. AKANBI OLUBUKOLA ITUNU
    THE TRUTH IS AFTER EVERY STRUGGLE IN LIFE THERE IS ALWAYS A SUCCESS FOLLOWING IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADEDIRAN FUNMILOLA ELIZABETH
    ALL YOU SOW YOU SHALL REAP

    ReplyDelete
  7. KOLAWOLE BABATUNDE SAMUEL
    AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL THERE IS A LIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADEBIYI WALIU
    ALWAYS BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. AGBAJE ADESHOLA MICHAEL
    THE FALL OF A MAN IS NOT THE END OF HIS LIFE

    ReplyDelete