
culled from:theenhancelife.com
We disappoint ourselves Others disappoint us
Various outcomes which we have no control of disappoint us.
Even our pet
dog
can disappoint us!
There really is no escape. We have all been hit by various disappointments in this journey of life.
Since of late I’ve been looking into my recent disappointments and wondered why I was so disappointed in those situations.
This made me realize that I was disappointed because what I expected didn’t happen. I wrote about, Expectations: Is It A human Weakness? before, and this may be an echo of that post.
Why We Get Disappointed
So basically we disappointed when things don’t to live up to our expectations.
Disappointment is our emotional reaction to not getting what we want or expect.
Does that mean we should give up on expectations? I don’t think there is any excitement in life if we don’t expect anything.
For example, if you study well for an exam you expect a better grade.
If you are continuously performing well in your job, you expect a promotion.
No matter who you are or where you live, disappointment will always find you – it’s a shared human experience. But we don’t all respond to disappointment in the same way.
I am not here to tell you what others have already said..
“One’s best success comes after their greatest disappointments.”
- Henry Ward Beecher
“The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” Robert Kiyosaki
A disappointment is a good thing
Everything happens for a reason
God has a plan for you
As far as I can see there is no way to shield ourselves from future disappointment.
Disappointment is like emotional quicksand that drags you down and tried to bury you!
What matters is how you pick yourself up after that happens.
RSS Feed
Twitter

01:35
Executive Republic
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment