culled from:theenhancelife.com
John Wesley recently wrote an intriguing article on Balancing the present and the future. Here is a glimpse of the article.
Consider some of the choices that impact our lives on a daily basis:
Do I stay up late hanging out with friends, or go to sleep and be productive tomorrow?
Do I eat out because it’s easy, or cook at home and save money?
Should I work late and get ahead, or enjoy the beautiful spring weather?
Each of these choices boils down to a simple question. Do I want to enjoy the present moment or plan for the future?
These are all difficult decisions because both answers have their merits. The present moment is fleeting and immediate, while the future is constantly hanging overhead. Part of us is constantly begging for indulgence while another part is worried that we’re falling behind and won’t be able to recover.
I couldn’t agree more. We are constantly hunted by choices. Some are easier than others. A few, you wish you never had to make! Often, I feel that we are overloaded with choices. Collectively, all these decisions shape our tomorrows, to come.
RSS Feed
Twitter

08:03
Executive Republic
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment