Saturday 28 February 2015



TheArtofusingthefword
By
culled from:http://entreprenista.com
Recently, I read a fun fact suggested by behavioral studies that “people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest and trustworthy.”  Immediately I shouted to my husband, “HA, I knew it!”  I admit it.  I use the “F” word every day and am not ashamed.  It flows easily from my lips and out into the hearing range of anyone within a 10 foot perimeter of where I’m standing.  Sometimes, I even say it repeatedly under my breath as a reminder of its immense power.
Clearly not everyone uses this word in business and frankly, if every entrepreneur, teacher, realtor, artist, physician, or employee used it, I’m confident there would be world peace! Well, maybe not world peace, but surely sales would increase, and customer loyalty and business relationships would improve immediately.

My favorite “F” word is…FOLLOW-UP!

The next time you feel the need to shout-out the “F” word to the world, try using one of these 4 simple follow-up tips:
  • Return all phone calls or voice mail messages left unanswered from the previous day. Complete this task before 10AM.
  • Every morning send a note, an email, video text message or make a phone call (gasp!) to any person whom you spoke to in-person from the previous day. Complete this task before 10AM.
  • Call at least 10 customers or clients whom you have not spoken to within 3 months. Don’t ask for a sale in this call. They came to you before because they had a problem – you solved it – find out what other issues they have that you can remedy. If you’re unable to solve a new problem, acknowledge it and refer them to someone else who can tackle the job. Complete this task before 12PM.
  • Send a handwritten card to anyone in your networking group, clients/customers, associates or friends who are celebrating a birthday or special event in the next 10 business days. Complete this task before the mailman arrives.
Remember the old adage, “The fortune is in the follow-up.”  Now you know why, because, it breeds familiarity and confidence in you, your product, your services, and your skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment